SINGAPORE: Eighteen board members have been appointed to new government agency Enterprise Singapore, the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) said on Monday (Mar 19). The agency, which was formed by the merger of International Enterprise (IE) Singapore and SPRING Singapore, will be officially set up on Apr 1. The new appointments will take effect then, MTI said in a news release. Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/enterprise-singapore-board-members-10055808.
From left: Enterprise Singapore’s chairman Peter Ong and CEO Png Cheong Boon. (Photos: MTI)
The board members are:
- Mr Peter Ong, chairman, Enterprise Singapore
- Mr Png Cheong Boon, CEO, Enterprise Singapore
- Dr Beh Swan Gin, chairman, Economic Development Board (EDB)
- Mr Piyush Gupta, CEO, DBS Group
- Mr Vivek Kumar, assistant director-general, National Trades Union Congress
- Mr Andrew Kwan, group managing director, Commonwealth Capital Group
- Ms Jeanne Liew, principal and CEO, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Mr Lim Chow Kiat, CEO, GIC
- Mr Max Loh, managing partner, ASEAN and Singapore, Ernst & Young
- Mr Pierre Lorinet, non-executive director, Trafigura
- Mr Low Ming Wah, executive director, president and COO, Micro-Mechanics (Holdings)
- Mr Mohammed Nasser Bin Ismail, senior vice-president, head of equity, Capital Market (SMEs) and head of capital market development, Singapore Exchange
- Mr Dilhan Pillay Sandrasegara, deputy CEO, Temasek International
- Mr Viswanathan Shankar, CEO, Gateway Partners
- Mr Teo Siong Seng, chairman, Singapore Business Federation
- Mr Eugene Wong, founder and managing director, Sirius Venture Capital
- Ms Audrey Yap, co-founder and managing partner, Yusarn
- Mr Renny Yeo, chairman, Singapore Accreditation Council
The appointments of former civil service head Peter Ong as chairman and MTI’s Second Permanent Secretary Png Cheong Boon as CEO will also take effect on Apr 1. Mr Png will concurrently be appointed to the EDB board.
SPRING chairman Philip Yeo and IE Singapore chairman Seah Moon Ming will relinquish their positions, MTI said.
Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/enterprise-singapore-board-members-10055808